How to automatically save Zoom Recordings to OneDrive
Before you begin...
Before you begin, make sure...
How does this process work...?
This process works by setting the local recording location to your synced OneDrive location on your computing device. So, Zoom tells the meeting to save on your computer and not in the cloud, but the location we set in this guide is in the cloud via your OneDrive. All meetings go to the cloud, just not the Zoom cloud but rather your OneDrive.
To automatically save Zoom recordings to your OneDrive with this process, always choose 'Record to this Computer' when recording meetings.
Within Cardinal Apps, find and click on the OneDrive icon
Click on the '+New' button and select the Folder option to create a new folder in your OneDrive area. Give it any name, but it will be used to house your Zoom Meeting recordings so something like 'Zoom Recordings' or 'Zoom' might be best for organizational purposes.
Open up the Zoom desktop app on your device. View the Mac/Windows instructions below but note this is not opening Zoom within your web browser. Your interface should look like the example (pictured left).
- Find the Finder icon in your Dock.
- Right-click on the icon, then click New Finder Window.
- In the new window, click Applications. Find zoom.us in your apps list and double click the icon to start the app.
- Click the Windows icon in the taskbar.
- In your apps list, scroll until you get to the Zoom folder.
- Click on the Zoom folder.
- Double click on Start Zoom, to launch the application.
Click on the gear icon in the upper right to open your Zoom settings.
Click on the 'Recording' option on the settings list
Click on the box found after the 'Store my recordings at:' and select the 'Choose a new location' option.
Within the File menu that pops-up, click on 'OneDrive' on the left side of the window > Scroll down and click on the folder you created in step 2 > and click 'choose' once finished.
*Your file interface might differ than the one pictured (left), but the process and clicks are the same.
For Zoom to send your video to OneDrive, the meeting recording must be saved to the local computer. If you are...
- ... within a meeting, choose the 'Record on this Computer' option shown in image 1 (pictured left).
- ... scheduling and hosting a meeting, like in image 2 (pictured left), Make sure 'On the local computer' is checked in the meeting's options menu.